Since 2011, we have raised thousands of dollars to support Make-A-Wish® Iowa and have granted 3 wishes so far for children with a life-threatening medical condition. We were the 1st Wishmakers on Campus® in the Midwest, 2nd in the Nation, and many have followed!
The Make-A-Wish® Mission
"We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy."
What We've Achieved
- Wishes Granted:
- 2011-2012: "I wish to meet Aaron Rodgers" (Green Bay Packers)-- Levi, age 13
- 2012-2013: "I wish to go to Disney"-- Lily, age 4
- 2013-2014: "I wish to go to the Dominican Republic"--Ray, age 9
- 2014-2015: ""
- 2015-2016: "I wish to meet Chip & Joanna from Fixer Upper"--Maren, age 11
- 2016-2017: "I wish to go on a trip trip through the Canadian Rocky Mountains to visit my Grandmother"--Berne, age 11
- 2010- 2011: All thanks to a Marketing class, called Campaign Methods, our journey began! They were told to plan an event and raise money for Make-A-Wish® Iowa...from there they created "Swishes-for-Wishes"--a 3-on-3 co-ed basketball tournament.
- 2011-2012: The Northern Iowa Wishmakers on Campus® became an organized group.
- We planned a pancake breakfast event at HuHot Mongolian Grill, called "Flippin'-for-Wishes"
- We also continued on with constructing "Swishes-for-Wishes" as an organizational event
- 2012-2013: With two events under our belt, we decided to add a third event:
- "Fall-into-Wishes" is a leaf-raking event throughout the community
- 2013-2014: This school year had a lot of updates! We created our website, had changes in executive roles, and developed SEVERAL fundraising events!
- "Bowlin'-for-Wishes" is just a fun time to get together and bowl at Maple Lanes. It was started as a small fundraiser, and we've realized we can make it bigger!
- 2014-2015: We completely revamped our website, and started the school year strong with recruiting and fundraising events! Fundraising events continue to grow!
- "Fall-into-Wishes" - we more than doubled our total from last year!
- "Swishes-for-Wishes" had to be cancelled this year due to not enough teams! :( It will be back next year!
- "Flockin'-for-Wishes" is our new colorful event this year! We plant plastic pink flamingos in yards and they have to pay to move it to the next yard! We had a lot of fun testing this one out, and we will continue with it!
- 2015-2016: ...
- "Fall-into-Wishes" has quickly become our biggest event! Always in need of volunteers!
- "Swishes-for-Wishes" had to be cancelled again this year due to scheduling conflicts reserving the basketball courts
- 2016-2017: We want this school year to be bigger and better! We have all major event dates set and on the calendar! Help us reach our goal to "Fund-A-Wish" of $10,000!